Real Estate Conveyancing
We specialize in real estate purchases and sales and ensure that your interests are represented throughout the transaction.
Once subjects have been removed, please contact our office to initiate the title transfer process. Buying or selling a home is probably one of the largest financial transactions you’ll ever make. Allow us to manage the conveyance while you focus on packing and moving.
Among other things, we will protect your interests by:
- Searching the title in the Land Title and Survey Authority Office registration system to find if anyone other than the seller has any legal rights to the home and to see if there are any registered easements or restrictive covenants.
- Obtaining documents for strata-titled properties, such as the Information Certificate (Form B as prescribed in the Strata Property Act), Certificate of Payment (Form F as prescribed under the Strata Property Act) and the strata corporation’s Certificate of Insurance.
- Preparing the documents to transfer ownership from the seller to you, including the Property Transfer Tax Return.
- Ensuring that the seller’s old mortgage and any other financial encumbrances have been properly discharged.
- Ensuring that a new mortgage (if applicable) is appropriately registered.
- Confirming that all payments for which the seller is responsible have been made.
- Arranging for you to sign the transfer documents.
- Preparing a Statement of Adjustments outlining all monies owed by you and the funds you will need to complete the transaction.
- Delivering the final amount due to the seller and ensuring you are registered as the owner in the Land Title and Survey Authority Office.
Please contact our office for a free quote.